Search the forum,

Discuss Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all
Please can you help?
Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes?
Please see photo of cistern
Thanks

Attachments

• Toilet cistern.jpg
    Toilet cistern.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
It’s normally for a few splashes due to the water speed due to you having a low level eg flush pipe

Anything changed ?

Dont see any new parts in the cistern so has there been any changes in the house plumbing wise at all?

Not sure if still available but you could buy a restrictor that fitted where the flush cone sits once upon a time. They were used with high level cisterns.

Height of the cistern can cause this people usually just hang the cistern then use whole length of the flush pipe, wouldn’t be surprised if your cistern needs lowering, as it sounds like its got to much head on it,

Hold on, I'm wondering if we have wires crossed here.

Why has the OP given us a photo of the CISTERN specifically unless the water is coming from the cistern itself?

Betty - is the pan splashing as it flushes, or do you mean that water is splashing from the cistern itself?

Reply to Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock