Search the forum,

Discuss Why does gas valve need to be changed after 2 years? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a baxi boiler that's serviced every year
It's 6 years old and had a gas valve replaced in 2020.
A British gas engineer serviced the boiler last year and left it leaking water inside it was all dripping out of the boiler.
Another engineer had to come back and fix it. Before he came back it was leaking for about 7 hours

The circuit board and electrodes are also being changed. Is it likely the leak last year caused damage?

It’s possible, a leak has caused problems, especially if it was condensate from the boiler., as it’s slightly acidic. Have you asked why it’s being changed? Is it part of a repair contract?

It’s possible, a leak has caused problems, especially if it was condensate from the boiler., as it’s slightly acidic. Have you asked why it’s being changed? Is it part of a repair contract?
It was serviced and he discovered as the boiler when it fires up it bangs he diagnosed that the valve needs to be changed. Im not sure if the leak was acidic but it was coming from the top of the boiler all through down the boiler then onto the floor below so it wasn't coming from the bottom of the boiler. It's in our home care cover but that's not the point. They have caused us problems. They serviced the boiler this year and left us with no water in the taps! And they don't want to come back that day to repair it but another 2 days. I had to fight on the phone to even get them to come back that day to fix the leak.

It was serviced and he discovered as the boiler when it fires up it bangs he diagnosed that the valve needs to be changed. Im not sure if the leak was acidic but it was coming from the top of the boiler all through down the boiler then onto the floor below so it wasn't coming from the bottom of the boiler. It's in our home care cover but that's not the point. They have caused us problems. They serviced the boiler this year and left us with no water in the taps! And they don't want to come back that day to repair it but another 2 days. I had to fight on the phone to even get them to come back that day to fix the leak.
Oh and when I asked why it was being changed he was trying to get the words out then said sometimes it just happens, they need changing

Tbh it sounds like there problem water could of effected the gas valve tbh I would be complaining

If it’s part of the cover I wouldn’t be worried too much (I get why it’s not the pint though), but sounds more like the electrodes, could be the gas valve though as mine does it, and happy to leave mine.

They've changed the parts including pcb board and now its making loud vibration noises when it fires up. He said its air and won't last more than today but I've heard it about 10 times aleady and its been 4 hours since he left. Surely that's not normal

If you put your hand hand on the case does it stop ?

Reply to Why does gas valve need to be changed after 2 years? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock