Search the forum,

Discuss Why Can't I get hot water in my bathroom sinks. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all I am currently experiencing a perplexing problem. I seem to have hot water everywhere in my house except the bathroom sinks. Kitchen sink is fine, showers and jetted tub is also fine. Its a 2.5 bath home, one bath room has double sinks. This bathroom uses "Y" connectors to supply hot and cold water to both sinks. When I turn on the hot water whatever hot water that is in the line because of our triple digit temps goes cold. Every faucet beside the jetted tub is a single faucet, but there is a hot and cold shutoff valve for every bathroom. Is this a job for a licensed plumber or is this something I can fix myself? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That’s a strange one tbh would need someone looking in front of it to figure it out

So the water starts hot but then runs cold?
Instantaneous water heater in basement?
Could be a dodgy mixer or failed double check valve allowing cold water back into the hot pipes.

That’s a strange one tbh would need someone looking in front of it to figure it out
Thanks, I was trying to avoid that, but I guess I don't have a choice.
[automerge]1597272316[/automerge]
So the water starts hot but then runs cold?
Instantaneous water heater in basement?
Could be a dodgy mixer or failed double check valve allowing cold water back into the hot pipes.
Yes, it starts out hot because of how it is here then runs cold. No basement and regular water heater. Where in the line would the check valve be installed? How likely is it for the mixers on three different sinks go out at the same time?

Last edited:
Do you know if there fed from all the same pipe / tee off ?

Reply to Why Can't I get hot water in my bathroom sinks. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock