Search the forum,

Discuss Why and how so single taps differ with no TMV in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone I have a question about DHW and single taps. I used to live on the 14rth floor of a flat, the kitchen had a gas boiler fixed on the wall , the kitchen sink had a single mixer tap, the bathroom had no bathtub but a thermostatic shower and the basin had two single taps one for cold and the other for hot.

My question is that the shower and kitchen tap when fully turned to the hot position were absolutely scalding hot, where as the single hot water tap in the bathroom stayed at a warm temperature which was great as it was the perfect temperature no matter whether fully turned or not.
So why would the single hot water tap not be scalding hot is what I would like to know. When I looked under the basin to assess the pipes and fixings I could only see the flexi tails attached to the taps and not a TMV or anything. I am just curious to know and any information would be appreciated thanks.

Reply to Why and how so single taps differ with no TMV in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock