Search the forum,

Discuss Whole house underfloor heating as only heat source. Yes or No? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazboj

I'm having a full house refurb and extensions built and had always been keen to have underfloor heating and no radiators. We don't have any plans for a fire or burner either.

Does anyone have any experience living solely with UFH?
Would you recommend it or should I maybe go with UFH for the large kitchen diner and rads in the bedrooms?
I estimate the house to end up approximately 220m2. How many thousands do think I should put aside for something of this scale.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I think I've decided to drop the whole house idea.
I'll probably go for upstairs in 2 bathrooms, and downstairs everywhere except living room as I'd rather have a nice thick pile carpet.

I'm having a full house refurb and extensions built and had always been keen to have underfloor heating and no radiators. We don't have any plans for a fire or burner either.

Does anyone have any experience living solely with UFH?
Would you recommend it or should I maybe go with UFH for the large kitchen diner and rads in the bedrooms?
I estimate the house to end up approximately 220m2. How many thousands do think I should put aside for something of this scale.

Thanks

Underfloor heating is perfect for a full house
As long as the calcs work out
House needs to be thermal efficient
And a liquid screed is a very good option

UFH throughout - it is suitable floor all floor types / coverings. Much reduced running cost, no rads on walls (other than bathroom towel rails) - no issue with it in bedrooms. Far more comfortable & far easier to control.

Absolutely. You can still have your carpet in bedrooms. Carpet companies not have tog ratings for their carpets and underlays. much nicer than unslightly radiators

Absolute waste of money in bedrooms.

Why the need for peak or background heating in a room that is either unoccupied or you are wrapped in a 13.5 tog quilt.

Money to burn then crack on. Failing that then rads on a seperate zone for the bedrooms.

With those old Victorian properties the first problem you'll have is the insulation. The floors and walls need to be very good insulated otherwise you will have too much heat loss / basically you'd heat for nothing. Like Simon said already is no point of having ufh in bedrooms. Bathrooms and big kitchen are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whole house underfloor heating as only heat source. Yes or No? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock