Search the forum,

Discuss Whole house pump fitment in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have a customer that is in need of a whole house pump fitted in a bungalow. The problem being is access from the hot water cylinder to the loft space is inaccessible and no additional pipework can be fed from A-B due to loft conversion.
The current set up ihas a raised header tank a separate hot feed from an essex flange to a shower with an integral pump and the other hot feed from the cylinder supplies all other outlets, all pipe work from the cylinder are fed up into loft space. the hot water vent is a continuation of the hot water feed up and over the tank as per normal.

The issue I have is fitting an inline twin impeller pump that has the potential to draw the water from the vent pipe when in operation?? Is there another way I could repipe this in order to eliminate this potential?

The pump has already been purchased by the client.

Any input greatly appreciated and hopefully you can understand as to what is going with my limited description?

Thanks in advance

Tricky to work out what you mean here especially when you say the loft space is inaccessible but that’s where the cold tank is. (Although i May have read that wrong) Can you do a drawing?
Also look at the pump instructions, that’ll tell you where the preferred pump position is which will most likely be below the hot draw off, ideally sat on the floor next to the cylinder.

Tricky to work out what you mean here especially when you say the loft space is inaccessible but that’s where the cold tank is. (Although i May have read that wrong) Can you do a drawing?
Also look at the pump instructions, that’ll tell you where the preferred pump position is which will most likely be below the hot draw off, ideally sat on the floor next to the cylinder.
The outlet from the hot water cylinder (on the ground floor) runs up the wall and runs across the floor (loft space)
but the initial section under the floor is inaccessible due to a loft extension so cannot get to the pipework.
In other words I cannot run a new feed from the hot water cylinder up to the loft. and I need to connect the pump on the hot water feed within the loft space, albeit the vent pipe is a continuation of the feed pipe to the raised header tank. My fear is if I Tee into this pipework with the pump it may have the potential to pull the water out of the vent pipe when running?? The header tank is raised about 1 metre off the loft floor and some 6 metres away from the potential pump connection.
So basically I am looking at a way to connect with generating this issue.
The pump is a stuart turner 2 bar twin monsoon which is capable of positive or negative head

Reply to Whole house pump fitment in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock