Search the forum,

Discuss whistling tap on new bath taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have just upgraded the bathroom and all is well except for one issue the bath tap makes a whistling noise on both the hot and cold feed.

if we turn the sink tap on the noise will go.

Its a brand new tap it also has a diverter valve for a shower which when opened stops the noise.

Anyone had this problem before, I’ve contacted the shop where we had the tap and they are happy to exchange it but I’m unsure if that will fix the problem.

Any other valves ie TMV under the bath?
Yet there are isolation valves under the taps, on both hot and cold feed, both are fully open. I did try closing them a bit, all that did wash change the pitch of the noise.

At the moment I’m thinking it’s the shower head diverter valve on the tap that my be the issue as the noise is on both feeds.

i’vd phoned the supplier and should have a new set of taps next week.

Reply to whistling tap on new bath taps in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock