Search the forum,

Discuss Whistling sound from toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey everybody. See pictures attached. We have an American Standard dual flush toilet. It's pretty much brand new as you can see in the picture. Every little while it emits a high pitched whistling sound for a few seconds. It doesn't do this constantly. Sometimes there can be hours between when it starts up. There are no leaks. Not sure what to adjust or do I need to replace something..like i said it is no more than a year old.

Attachments

• 20191122_153121.jpg
    20191122_153121.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191122_153117.jpg
    20191122_153117.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
I suspect you have a small leak from the cistern to the pan via the flush valve and the whistling you are hearing is the float valve cracking open every so often to top up the cistern level.
It might even be a bit of crud which has passed the inlet valve or arrived in the cistern which is just making it leak a bit. You state American Std dual flush and it looks like a twist and lift off unit which is familiar. I would grab the centre bit push down twist lift off give it a clean and re fit. just in case locate the on off on the water supply to the cistern. you should be ok let us know....centralheatking

I suspect you have a small leak from the cistern to the pan via the flush valve and the whistling you are hearing is the float valve cracking open every so often to top up the cistern level.
Easy test to confirm or not, dry around under the rim with tisuue paper then either wallpaper single squares of paper around this area or wipe around again after awhile and see if tissue is wet.

Reply to Whistling sound from toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock