Search the forum,

Discuss Whistling sound coming from Hot Water Cyclinder in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,
I have a joule cyclone twin solar unvented pressurised hot water cylinder that is floor standing. Just recently, I have noticed when I turn on the hot water supply taps anywhere in the house, a whistling sound starts to come from the tank itself. It gets louder the more you open the hot water tap and there is a small vibration coming from the non return hot water supply valve which is on top on the tank itself. I do notice though, if the water isnt at a high temperature the sound is barely there at all. The temp and pressure relief valve doesnt seem to be leaking and I cant detect any air leaks elsewhere on the tank.
Any ideas to what is the fault?

You need a g3 registered engineer to look at it for you. Nothing on those cylinders is a diy repair.
Thanks Simon, I wont be carrying out the repairs, I just wanted to gain some knowledge of what could be happening, I'm interested in plumbing and work in a similar industry.

Reply to Whistling sound coming from Hot Water Cyclinder in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock