Search the forum,

Discuss Whistling boiler Powermax 185 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! Can anyone help? I have a Powermax 185 boiler which I recently had serviced and now seems to make a constant whistling sound?? We have called back the engineer who doesn’t seem to know what is causing the noise. It stops when the burner switches off and restarts after a couple of minutes when the burner switches back on. The noise comes out of the flue, so can be heard from outside the house. The boiler is running well, apart from the awful noise. Any advice would be appreciated.

You need to find an engineer trained on Powermax boilers. Ask your engineer if he has done the course?

Get the engineer back to do a flue gas analysis and check the combustion especially the co2. Kop

If he don't know how to do it H then he should not be working on them bud , the condense sump rots out on these real dodgey if you don't check em and flue seals fail again get it checked asap by a approved service engineer . Kop

If he don't know how to do it H then he should not be working on them bud , the condense sump rots out on these real dodgey if you don't check em and flue seals fail again get it checked asap by a approved service engineer . Kop
There is about 175 of them on my estate mate. Spent a day at Warwick on them as well. Horrible things.

Estate near me also mate worked on a few throws you a bit when the ratio is miles out manufactures know about the sump problem and at one time were doing em free on a service call. Kop

The engineer should have checked the internal baffles which do deteriorate and need replacing. The air gas ratio is also an issue with these boilers. If done incorrectly it can be very dangerous.

change it for a viessmann 222

Reply to Whistling boiler Powermax 185 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock