Search the forum,

Discuss Which way do you fit these corner sink brackets? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

20200628_105212.jpg
20200628_105155.jpg

Never fitted a corner sink and am unsure how the brackets should be used?
I'm putting in wood fixing behind plasterboard today so thought I would dry run fitting the sink.
Fitting the brackets as in the top pic leaves a gap all round the sink making it unstable.
The bottom method makes the sink tip forwards?
What am I missing?
Thank you.
Paul.

Hi Aquarius, the brackets came with the sink but seem crap TBH!
I didn't know you could buy a kit so thanks I will look at it.
I was considering some oak batons horizontal under the sink, I'm sure it will never be right with the supplied brackets!
Thanks.
Paul.

You could use the brackets as you have them, they are a bit awkward and often benefit from a couple of 1mm shims between bracket/ basin depending on how it came out of mould.
Don’t fit the brackets level to one another, as you might reasonably assume, rather fit one and then offer the basin to that- hold it level and mark the second one.
Don’t worry it you don’t get it spot on as shimming it will adjust height too if necessary.
When it’s right silicone the gap to wall and strike this off level. Leave it alone for 24hrs - then it won’t move.
Any gap to wall will be covered by your splash back tiles - again this can be inevitable if the basin mould was poor - often is on these.

Thanks everyone, so is this right...
Fit bracket as in bottom picture? It's an awful fit and not formed to the sink at all!
Also use holes in sink to fit another screw/bolt?
When happy with fit silicone rear flats of sink to tiles to hold steady?
It's just the wood fixings today thankfully!
:)

Yes, bottom picture is correct.

I did mention those are tricky to use if you’re inexperienced.

If it’s really bad then use the big oval holes and basin fixing bolts such as Aquarius suggested, try and get the ones with an off centre cam on the big plastic washers as this allows easy height adjustment.

As above your second picture is correct or you could use either of these if suitable . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200705-065232.png
    Screenshot_20200705-065232.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200705-065207.png
    Screenshot_20200705-065207.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Which way do you fit these corner sink brackets? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock