Search the forum,

Discuss Which unvented indirect HORIZONTAL cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Need to install a new horizontal indirect unvented hot water tank that's 300L in capacity.

Looking for recommendations on best brands/models and the best place to purchase them from. I've been researching online and have seen these 3 so far:

What would you guys recommend out of these or as an alternative option?

kingspan Ultrasteel AUIH300ERP
£816.61
Kingspan Ultrasteel 300 Litre Indirect - Horizontal Unvented Hot Water Cylinder

Telford Tempest 300 Litre Horizontal Indirect Unvented Cylinder
£790
Buy Telford Tempest 300 Litre Horizontal Indirect Unvented Cylinder - Cylinders2Go

Gledhill StainlessLite Plus 300 Litre Indirect Horizontal Cylinder
£1253
Gledhill Stainless Lite Plus Unvented Horizontal Indirect 300 Litre (PLUIN300H) | VPS Hot Water Cylinders

Need to install a new horizontal indirect unvented hot water tank that's 300L in capacity.
Looking for recommendations on best brands/models and the best place to purchase them from.
Unvented cylinders need to be installed by an appropriately qualified plumber (with a so-called G3 ticket). This is something you need to discuss with them.

Unvented cylinders need to be installed by an appropriately qualified plumber (with a so-called G3 ticket). This is something you need to discuss with them.

Thanks for this response. I’m already aware of this fact.

I’ve had two quotes already but I just figured that the general opinions and reassurance of many in the know May be better than that of one one or two specific individuals.

The internet is a great place for learning things yourself and gaining a broader understanding of how things ‘should be’.

If you have any further useful contribution that would be great. Many thanks 😊

Best to get one from a local supplier than online.
If it arrives damaged or bits missing it can be easily sorted

Thanks for this response. I’m already aware of this fact.
I’ve had two quotes already but I just figured that the general opinions and reassurance of many in the know May be better than that of one one or two specific individuals.
The internet is a great place for learning things yourself and gaining a broader understanding of how things ‘should be’.
If you have any further useful contribution that would be great. Many thanks 😊
Equally it is a place where those who wish to carry out diy go to find the scant knowledge they think they need to install or play with things that could put those around them in harms way. You will therefore understand those that post have to tread a carefree path in what we provide.
In your case it is doubtful anyone would have the experience across 3 different manufacturers on what is already a rare piece of kit (horizontal U/V cylinder) to provide you with a suitable answer. I would offer 2 things - 1. Go with the Plumber with feel most comfortable with. 2. "You pays your money & takes your choice" add to this "you generally get what you pay for in this world"

Best to get one from a local supplier than online.
If it arrives damaged or bits missing it can be easily sorted

Again, thanks for the tip.

I can then speak to my local guys to source one once I know which one I want and then work out the best cost effective solution.

Reply to Which unvented indirect HORIZONTAL cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock