• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Not sure why Wickes want £20 for the VT15 which I can get for £11

Some am still deciding on Pegler Terrier 3 or the Honeywell VT15

Have plumped for the Pegler Terrier 3 valves. They look as if a bit of engineering has gone into them. Just an aside question they have self sealing versions with an O ring.
When would one use one of these as opposed to the normal PTFE and screw it in tight approach?

Sorry not fully understanding that reply. As it has an O ring of course one just nips it up enough to slightly compress the O ring so how can it bottom out?
Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

I have a habit of confusing myself and others here is a link to a Pegler valve with the O ring.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a habit of confusing myself and others here is a link to a Pegler valve with the O ring.

Picture and data sheet are misleading, photo looks like a push fit valve with a sealing washer for the rad tail, yet datasheet shows what looks like push fit and compression? 🤔🤔🤔

Not first time a manufacturer posted wrong info or pics. All I was curious to know was where would one use a rad tail as such? You say washer is it a washer or an O ring?

A man of habit. If it is just an O ring and only nipped up to seal I would be worried about it getting knocked and possible moving slightly and then leaking. I will stick with my loctite 577 as do you, I am sick of guessing how many turns of PTFE I need.

Reply to Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net