Search the forum,

Discuss Which trusted trader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Anyone on it? I just paid my money, got there list of things they want to see and it seems very intrusive and a bit deep for a plumber, I change taps, fit toilets, fix heating, put baths in, unblock drains, do power flushes. I don't build extensions and loft conversions

what do they want? list wise

Anyone on it? I just paid my money, got there list of things they want to see and it seems very intrusive and a bit deep for a plumber, I change taps, fit toilets, fix heating, put baths in, unblock drains, do power flushes. I don't build extensions and loft conversions

Another 75 notes!?

Profit and loss, quotes, invoices, terms and conditions, complaints procedure, list of suppliers, list of sub contractors.
I am a general plumber I do small general plumbing jobs

To be fair I can see why they ask all those things as they are being thorough. But surely they need to see some work and qualifications.

I don't see what your financials has to do with things, that's between you & HMRC

T&C's, insurance etc. Ok, not a problem.

Ask for their personal details as you're now concerned they're trying it on.

Not concerned there trying it on I just don't see the reliviance. I don't bank roll anything

I don't see what your financials has to do with things, that's between you & HMRC

I do. People might give a deposit to a "trusted tradesman".

Your businesses financial health is therefore important. A business that is losing money is likely to cease trading, and customer deposits would be at risk.

Your businesses financial health is therefore important. A business that is losing money is likely to cease trading, and customer deposits would be at risk.

On a tap change or power flush?

and you send us goodies without all that info, on tic... (I know I have to pay cash up front :) )

Profit and loss, quotes, invoices, terms and conditions, complaints procedure, list of suppliers, list of sub contractors.
I am a general plumber I do small general plumbing jobs

This is exactly what's you need to provide if you want local government and trading standards approval. It's to weed out the Cowboy Operators. When I did this they even wanted to see my Employees Accident Book, Risk Assessment Log, Holiday Rota, Contract Cancellation Procedure, Public Liability Ins, company bank account, etc etc. Then they wanted to come and inspect my "Works Premises". At that time I was working from my garage and my office was a computer under the stairs. When I tried to explain that I was a one man band self employed tradesman they where baffled but still wanted £350 non refundable. When it came to the contract cancellation procedure I never bothered in the end,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which trusted trader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got warm, replaced the combi boiler this year as it was loud and leaking (its in the loft which has been converted into a room). Since turning the heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock