Search the forum,

Discuss Which toilet for this type of connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

artzone

[FONT=&quot]I've just removed a leaky old S bend toilet from a downstairs loo.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It connected vertically to the floor and I'm not sure which toilet and connector to go for. Ideally I'd like a close coupled toilet so that we can get rid of the overflow but not sure if/how that will work with the position of the old soil pipe.

[/FONT]
IMG_1617a.jpgIMG_1619a.jpgIMG_1620a.jpg

You can use a low level toilet - (the type with a slightly raised cistern held on screws and wall brackets and has a short flush pipe between pan and cistern) It does not use an overflow anymore if lower siphon inside it or if it is push button flush.
Or you could bring the wall out a bit to suit distance for close coupled

A vitra s20 fully enclosed pan and close coupled Cystern will connect to that. Use a bent pan connector.

Go to a supplier and tell them you want a close couple pan / suite.

Tell them, the distance off the wall the the centre of the outlet is 185mm.
You might be thrown into a frenzy over the amount of pan suites available, due to it being a standard measurement.

Go to a supplier and tell them you want a close couple pan / suite.

Tell them, the distance off the wall the the centre of the outlet is 185mm.
You might be thrown into a frenzy over the amount of pan suites available, due to it being a standard measurement.

There is a bottom outlet variety which has a 205mm centre, that's done in close coupled and back to wall, I think it's called anconi or similar that would do the job nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which toilet for this type of connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock