Search the forum,

Discuss which to use, 10mm or 15mm pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

As per the attached pic, Im planning to run two radiator pipes inside a chase that ivew made in a partition wall so that the pipe work will all be hidden once ive finished the bathroom.

The old pipe work is 10mm microbore with 15mm adapters and a short section of 15mm where the pipes came out from the old paneling.

upload_2019-6-27_8-54-50.png

i was going to cut the old pipe work somewhere on the straight section along the back wall somewhere before the bend and solder in the new pipe work

Would you guys join in a new section of 10mm that could be easily bent/shaped to fit into the chase and solder on short section of 15mm near the end that will fit the rad?

or would you just cut and join in 15mm pipe all the way?

just after some opinions of the best approach for this one

Cheers

How big is the rad ?

10mm is fine then

Its a small towel rail. 400mm wide by 800 high.
Will only be running this rad off the pipe work in question.
That will be fine towel rads only provide candle heat and are covered most of the time anyway. centralheatking
get a mini bender and go,for it

I will always use 15mm pipe. I have to power flush heating and micro bore is to easy to clog up in my opinion.
Maybe it’s just me being old school

I will always use 15mm pipe. I have to power flush heating and micro bore is to easy to clog up in my opinion.
Maybe it’s just me being old school
Some say that the smaller bore pipe properly installed on the end of a large bore circuit
22mm..2 15mm...2 10mm results in much higher liquid velocity and greater scour.
We were mucking about with pump cavitation years ago and this popped up as a side show.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to which to use, 10mm or 15mm pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock