Search the forum,

Discuss Which system would you choose? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

4 bed semi-detached barn conversion over 3 floors. 18 radiators, two bathrooms, one d/s cloaks.

Any pros and cons to the below system boiler set ups? Which would you choose? Want to be able to run two showers simultaneously without an issues.

Option 1
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 624
Gledhill stainless lite unvented 180l
Magnalean atom filter
Nest 3rd generation thermostat & stand
£3900 fitted (inc removal of current boiler and gledhill boilermate)

Option 2
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 630
Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco Slimline Indirect 200i Cylinder
Magnalean atom filter
Nest 3rd generation thermostat & stand
£5000 fitted (inc removal of current boiler and gledhill boilermate)

Last edited:
Is water pressure/flow rate good enough for 2 showers. I personally prefer megaflo cylinders. Both similar in price for appliances and cylinder so it’s a case of which engineer you prefer. There is a thousand pound difference without seeing job hard to tell but I would expect somewhere around £4500

Is water pressure/flow rate good enough for 2 showers. I personally prefer megaflo cylinders. Both similar in price for appliances and cylinder so it’s a case of which engineer you prefer. There is a thousand pound difference without seeing job hard to tell but I would expect somewhere around £4500
Its the same engineer. Option 1 was his spec, Option 2 was ours

Water pressure is approximately 7 litres per minute

Also not suitable for an unvented you need a min of 20 lpm ideally for two 35 lpm dynamic

Also 4 bar pressure

Also has anyone carried out a heat loss to see what size boiler you actually need ?

How long to fill a 1l container eg bottle etc

To boost / increase the water yourselves or install an old style system eg tanks in the loft

Have a look at this if you really want an unvented cylinder 8.56 for a litre

Also would do a Heatloss for the property as you maybe oversizing by a lot at 30kw

As above you definitely need to look at the pressure and flow rates of the mains to use two bathrooms at once. The Esybox system Shaun has linked to is an excellent option to solve this.
I would also look at splitting the heating system if possible. Really you should be able to control each floor separately with a thermostat on each floor. This isn't always possible if you are using the existing rads and pipework but I would definitely ask for it to be looked into.
I would try and specify to local engineers what you want in performance and then let them work out how etc. That way they do all the working out and are responsible for it performing correctly once completed.

Reply to Which system would you choose? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock