Search the forum,

Discuss Which shower tray & enclosure - better than Aqualux Edge 8 1000 x 800! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I've fitted the above that has a 400 fixed panel and the sliding door which means the door is restricted to opening 400mm. The customer is unable to enter it as he is not small enough, so l will have to adapt or replace it for him.
Its on a sit on 100mm high acrylic tray, another point he is unhappy with, a low profile ceramic type would be preferred.
I did read a review by another shower fitter that this enclosure was deficient in many regards, including having no seals between the wall plates and posts, the frameless side panel relying on a silicon seal bed only at the base and the narrow door opening making it unusable for medium sized users, but l can't find it with searching. The customer did purchase it from a big shed salesman, and it isn't what he was told it would be.
I would appreciate any recommendations on which replacement tray and enclosure of a similar size, but can be 1100 x 800 or 1200 x 800 that would give good service with reliable seals. Thanks for any replies, very much appreciated.

Mx elements tray.
1000 is too small for a slider, unless you get a triple slider where all three sections can move , as this gives you approx 2/3 as an opening.

I’d go for a 1200 as you say there’s room. Lakes classic semiframeless I have found to be excellent value.

Mx elements tray.
1000 is too small for a slider, unless you get a triple slider where all three sections can move , as this gives you approx 2/3 as an opening.

I’d go for a 1200 as you say there’s room. Lakes classic semiframeless I have found to be excellent value.
Thanks very much Ben gee, ill take a look at Lakes.

Reply to Which shower tray & enclosure - better than Aqualux Edge 8 1000 x 800! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock