• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Which plumbing suppliers do you use? - We'll create a poll once we have a list in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Quick question guys. I'll make a poll out of the answers and will ask you to vote on it, so that we can clearly find a winner, which we'll then congratulate and stick in some mags and things. :)

I want a quick reply with which suppliers you mostly use. Whether big or small. Online or offline. Doesn't matter. Let us know the top 2 or 3 you use and I'll make sure they're all in the poll in a months time and we'll start the ball rolling and get some votes in.

UPDATE: The Poll is now live here: The UK's Most Used Plumbing Suppliers - 2017 so this thread has been closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meady

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Williams, screwfix then plumbcentre every now and again.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Screwfix don't even do trade do they? Can't your customers buy everything from them at the same price?

wynh1

Quick question guys. I'll make a poll out of the answers and will ask you to vote on it, so that we can clearly find a winner, which we'll then congratulate and stick in some mags and things. :)

I want a quick reply with which suppliers you mostly use. Whether big or small. Online or offline. Doesn't matter. Let us know the top 2 or 3 you use and I'll make sure they're all in the poll in a months time and we'll start the ball rolling and get some votes in.
City plumbing and Nicholls

Arthur

Gas Engineer
William, Plumb Center, Grahams, Sparesbase, Screwfix, Toolstation Gibbs & Dandy, Travis Perkins, City Plumbing, HPS & Plumb Base.

360gas

city plumbing, harris and bailey, toolstation, screwfix

Simon F

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Williams, plumfix, BES, local merchant-plumbline
others as needed.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Plumb center, toolstation , screwfix , independent merchant , occasional internet

W

wilybrian

Screwfix, Wickes, local independent, occasionally I search the internet for a good deal.

markp3532

Hi Dan,
I tend to use Toolstation for pipes and fittings as they are good quality and really cheap. I would recommend Mr Heating for rads and boilers, great customer service and the cheapest that I have found.
B&Q if "really" desperate.
Nice work with the site.
markp3532

Young_plumb

I use a local independent merchant called Macdonald Plumbing & Heating Supplies, Plumbcentre and William Wilsons

R

rooter66

Dan---We are DIY in France and rely primarily on Leroy Merlin, which is not an easy thing, because they are constantly changing wholesalers and opening holes in their product lines, particularly in hard-to-find brass and copper. At least they still have a culture of customer service. Castorama is definitely a second choice. Sometimes they have the best price but there have been a lot of problem products. Under great duress, we go to a professional Perpignan store named CCL on Julien Panchot west of town. Standard there is to pretend that when women speak, they must not be asking a plumbing question, so it doesn’t compute. My wife who speaks much better French than I do and is a better plombier refuses to use me as a foil anymore. On rare occasions when she needs a part from them, she goes in alone for combat now.—Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which plumbing suppliers do you use? - We'll create a poll once we have a list in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net