Search the forum,

Discuss Which pipe cutters?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I have at the moment Rothenberger copper pipe cutters. They are very stiff and the 22mm one has now completely jammed. It's driving me mad!

So I'm looking to replace them. What brands do you have and what would you recommend?

Don't want to be wasting my money when again.......life's hard enough on apprentice wage

Thanks in advance :)

Do you mean pipe slices, - or cutters?
WD40 spray on the pipe slices often and will keep them dry and cleaner. Use 3 in 1 oil for keeping shafts and rollers lubricated. Just a drop though. WD40 no good as a lasting oil. The rollers have pin shafts that might need taken apart, cleaned with emery and oiled.
I have Rothenberger pipe cutters which I think are brilliant.
My pipe slices are Kopex and Monument and also exellent, but I can and do occasionly strip them to clean & oil them if they start seizing.
I think Kopex and Rothenberger pipe slices are now same

I have a 15mm yellow painted metal Tornado cheap one from BES. My best, and slimmest, automatic in 15mm. Also a plastic 15mm Monument one (gets up close to things) but burrs the pipe quite a lot. Metal Monument 22 and 28mms - had them for years. They're okay.

But my favourites are the adjustable Monument pipe cutter and the Rothenburger miniature adjustable pipe slice (better than the miniature Monument, and will go up to 22mm). Adjustables seem to burr the inner bore of the pipe over less so I only use automatics when I have to.

As said above some 3-1 oil on moving parts but only a couple of drops, mine are monument 15 & 22mm pipe slices. I occasionally strip and clean them when there get a little tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which pipe cutters?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock