Search the forum,

Discuss Which nut to bleed heatslave 12/18? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

gjb

Need to bleed the boiler heatslave 12/18. Has a nut above threaded pipe and one below, which one do I loosen.

So you’re asking how to purge the oil line?
12/18s use the Riello RDB Burner. I suggest you first check the filters are clean and free from debris (especially if you have a steel tank).
Then remove red plastic cover from burner, held on by two screws with captive nuts.
This will expose the fuel pump extreme right, attached to motor. You should see an extended brass hexagon nipple. Use a 4mm Allen Key to remove the plug, once removed
observe for a few minutes until fuel and bubbles appear, replace plug with Allen key.
Now press red illuminated button on control box.
Under no circumstances touch the screw on the pump itself below the hex nipple.

Are you sure all 12/18 use the RDB Tea Break? I swear one of my manuals says otherwise, perhaps I'm wrong. Anyway OP as Tea Break says whenever you run dry on oil you need to check strainer at tank and any inline filters as crud will have been drawn in to the line. I was going to say this if he responded to my question. If it is a Riello burner then do as told but again DO NOT mix up or fiddle with pressure adjusting screw, do this and the burner will need to be set up again using gauge and FGA, something you don't have or know how to do.

Yes I just looked up the manual. Pre 2012 they used the Sterling burner in 12/18 and 18/25 downfiring models, as well as the RDB.

Reply to Which nut to bleed heatslave 12/18? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock