Search the forum,

Discuss Which Manufacture/system of Plastic Piping is best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoB333

Hello,

We regards to domestic central heating in particular and general house hold plumbing, which manufacture/type of plastic piping/connectors would you recommend? HEP seems to be good? HEPo2 home for sure system, white plastic (i.e. insert into pipe) no special tools required. Does any one have any experience of this system or others and which if any come out better?

Thanks all
Jo

the new hep2o is quite good, speedfit is excellent, polyfit is a personal favorite but its non demountable. Also look at MLCP pipe and fittings, probably the best solution allround imo.

I don't like the new Hep2o fittings. Why they changed is still beyond me, they must ave lost loads of sales to polyplumb/JG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

the best would be uponor or geberit but not readily available at most merchants all the rest is much the same just use what your local merchant supplies

Thanks every one, I will also check out where I can get uponor and geberit :)

None! Plastic is horrible! Put copper in!

For ease go with uponor, its got a plastic coating but its steel ant it?

Sites i HAD to use speedfit, as long as you dont have a bend tolerance of 5 - 10 degrees it wont leak at a fitting

None! Plastic is horrible! Put copper in!

For ease go with uponor, its got a plastic coating but its steel ant it?

Sites i HAD to use speedfit, as long as you dont have a bend tolerance of 5 - 10 degrees it wont leak at a fitting

Copper all day long for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I always use copper, but if forced to use a pushfit fitting, I'll use a copper one. I recommend Cuprofit and it's demountable as well with the special tool.

What about tec-tight system? Used these only when i was a apprentice on the warm front scheme since they didnt allow any plastic pipe or fittings

used it last week for a job my brother as hes a tight git. it better but not totally lay flat it worth getting in 22mm if only to stop it hitting you in the face when it springs back from cutting it.

used it last week for a job my brother as hes a tight git. it better but not totally lay flat it worth getting in 22mm if only to stop it hitting you in the face when it springs back from cutting it.
Once gave myself a black eye ala the speedfit springback; much to the amusement of my workmates

Hep2 is top class. Why do I say that? Because I've got a full Hep/Hep2 working CH system that has never seen any leak or prob whatsoever in 18 years of operation so I'm very surprised at some of the copper 'praisers'!! As the old saying goes, 'Everyone to their own tried n tested practise' but the Hep plastic pipes and fittings are certainly far easier than fitting copper, particularly on big installations - done it both ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Manufacture/system of Plastic Piping is best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock