From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Which Knipex Pliers to buy in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Im a plumber mostly small bore houses etc. I have never used the Knipex Cobra Pliers Wrench. And dont know whether to buy a 7 inch or 10 inch. Hard to tell from picture on computer. Can anyone advise ?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
150 or 250 should be good for you

I have three in my kit but the 10 inch covers 90% of my needs. I also have a small 6 inch which I think is knipex which is handy hen you're hampered. It doesn't get used often but it can be a lifesaver at times.

Stu-B

Advent Win
I have (and lost) cobra and alligator, both really well made and hard wearing. 250 is probably the best size for most domestic jobs.

gmartine

Gas Engineer
They do cobras with smooth jaws. They are good if you’re working with chrome fittings you don’t want to mark. Not the cheapest mind you, about £40 for 250mm.
They're not known as Cobra's but yeah perfect for gripping without damage.

Ya the one i got has the smooth jaw. Didnt thing they can be got with the toothed grip. I use the Footprint grips, I have the 3 sizes, i find them good, the smaller one can get u out of a corner.

Reply to Which Knipex Pliers to buy in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares