Search the forum,

Discuss which Kane is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat Eric

I have used a few different FGA's and have ruled out the Antons, I like the Kane's best but which should I buy? 251, 255 or the 455? I will only be doing domestic mostly boiler installs and CP12's
Any feedback welcome
Thanks

i got anton, when thats dead or i am fed up with the servicing bills the going for a tpi ÂŁ69.95 all in servicing.
better than ÂŁ250 bi-anually.

kane 455 for me, fixed price servicing, now on its 5th year. Would probably go to the 457 next, looks blingier, the 250 is pants now, expensive servicing costs

If your analyser of choice is Kane then surely the 457,even if not everything is going to be used often. I say this as you are better having more features then less especially as the regs are changing every two minutes . Personally can't stand Kane analysers and would choose Anton over them anyday, think kane may be more paractical ie cost wise and they take aa batteries. But, they are nowhere near as nice to use as testo and telegan/Anton instruments.

455 is pretty reasonable. Ye can do your flue analysis, let by and soundness tests on them. Get a print off too.
Antons look nice but I think ye can get very good deals on the 455 if ye shop around.

maybe I should look at all of the service costs before I decide, cheers ( Lame Plumber )

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers LaMont5way, If it's all singing and dancing is it just more to go wrong? I lost 30mins on my A.C.S exams due to the 4 Antons that didn't work when I needed them. the only thing that put me off the Testo was it was cheap and looked more like a toy than a tool.

Check out YouTube for all your analysers. All d companies hav advice on how to use their models. It'll giv ye a bit of info on each.

cheers LaMont5way, If it's all singing and dancing is it just more to go wrong? I lost 30mins on my A.C.S exams due to the 4 Antons that didn't work when I needed them. the only thing that put me off the Testo was it was cheap and looked more like a toy than a tool.

testo cheap most of there units are over 1k

Testo 330-1 LL Flue Gas Analyser: Pro Kit

But, they are nowhere near as nice to use as testo and telegan/Anton instruments.

Are you kidding me? I used an Anton whilst training. 5 minutes with a Kane during ACS training and I was a convert. Much, much more user-friendly. I especially like the Aux function on the 455 where you can choose what functions it displays. So you can get all the flue gas tests on one screen without switching the dial.

Are you kidding me? I used an Anton whilst training. 5 minutes with a Kane during ACS training and I was a convert. Much, much more user-friendly. I especially like the Aux function on the 455 where you can choose what functions it displays. So you can get all the flue gas tests on one screen without switching the dial.

No I am not kidding, that is my honest opinion(perhaps I should of made this clearer) Kanes feel sound and look cheap and nasty. Have used a Kane professionally up to 8-10 times a day on occassion for a period of roughly 14 months. Believe me after a while a minute seems to feel like a longgg time.

I have a 455 - I've used Anton but didn't really like it. Used a 455 at gas school and fell in love with it. Love the big idiot-proof dial on the front, big display, integral torch. I love my 455 :)

No I am not kidding, that is my honest opinion(perhaps I should of made this clearer) Kanes feel sound and look cheap and nasty. Have used a Kane professionally up to 8-10 times a day on occassion for a period of roughly 14 months. Believe me after a while a minute seems to feel like a longgg time.

funnily enough, those of us on here commenting have also have been using the Kane professionally for years as well, the fact we continue to use them would seem to be a reason to consider them as a choice, being most of us are self employed and spending our own money, the fact they are reliable, value for money and do the same job as more expensive makes seems a sensible option. I for one dont give a knats bum whether they feel good, look good etc etc, they work and dont break, reason enough for choosing them in my mind.

funnily enough, those of us on here commenting have also have been using the Kane professionally for years as well, the fact we continue to use them would seem to be a reason to consider them as a choice, being most of us are self employed and spending our own money, the fact they are reliable, value for money and do the same job as more expensive makes seems a sensible option. I for one dont give a knats bum whether they feel good, look good etc etc, they work and dont break, reason enough for choosing them in my mind.

Not to mention sensible servicing / calibration costs and amazing customer service. If you're in a bind, you can drop it off to them at their offices for same-day turnaround. Don't think Anton or Testo offer that?

my training centre is only 6 miles from home and the Kane rep is there every Monday, everyone I have spoken to says there turnaround time is better, I picked up some glossy books on all the Kane's and have decided to get the 455 CPA1 kit. thanks to everyone for your input.

my training centre is only 6 miles from home and the Kane rep is there every Monday, everyone I have spoken to says there turnaround time is better, I picked up some glossy books on all the Kane's and have decided to get the 455 CPA1 kit. thanks to everyone for your input.
That's the one I got.. Good decision ;)

Sorry if I offended the Kane lovers. I'm sticking to my guns though: Testo and Telegan/Anton are in a different league of quality. You get what you pay for springs to mind...

Sorry if I offended the Kane lovers. I'm sticking to my guns though: Testo and Telegan/Anton are in a different league of quality. You get what you pay for springs to mind...

Not in the least bit offended mate, just a bit perplexed why despite all the excellent aspects of Kane ownership, you're put off by having to wait a minute for it to purge on startup! :)

Not in the least bit offended mate, just a bit perplexed why despite all the excellent aspects of Kane ownership, you're put off by having to wait a minute for it to purge on startup! :)
Minute and a half on mine :/ don't the Anton's do that too? I thought they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which Kane is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated "mini house" with an insulated, heat-taped plenum taking the poly from below frost line up into the space between floor joists. But, power outages...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock