Search the forum,

Discuss Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

kevintrot

https://www.rapidheat247.co.uk/
Hello, I am not sure about the boiler as well as heat pump. Please tell me which one I should put in to heat my home.

Boiler.
Systems are now being designed and fitted with heatpumps in mind but I don't think the infrastructure or market offering it there yet.
I think the market will be much more established and competitive in 10-15 years so unless your not on mains gas I'd say its a good time for a new boiler.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.
Thanks for your response.

Reply to Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock