• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Which Gate Valve will turn off cold water to the taps? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Wamus_202

I think we have an indirect hot water cylinder, we are trying to replace a sink. However there are no isolation valves on the in-between the taps and the piping. Is there a way to turn off the cold water flow to the taps, without turning off the main water supply incoming to house ? I have found the gate valve to turn off the outgoing hot water.
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
But not sure where this pipe goes it to, I know it's cold water . I've tried isolating it but seems to have no effect.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as normally basins are due to drinking water and brushing your teeth

Reply to Which Gate Valve will turn off cold water to the taps? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net