Search the forum,

Discuss Which Gas leak detector is best in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hi All

I'm after a new sniffer for gas leaks... I purchased a Kane CD100A gas leak detector and at first it seemed like the best purchase I've ever made and made my life a load easier when I had those late call outs.... however it seems to be playing up and is maybe not as accurate as it was.... what is everybody else using and do they need maintaining/calibrating annually.... cheers guys

E-Instruments 7899.
Best one I've ever used.

It doesn't only make a noise when gas is detected. It gives you everything you need on a display screen.

It is battery powered.
I also got a spare sensor sent with it.

I got mine directly from the supplier in the US.

Hope this helps

Kane GLD450 came as part of my anlyser kit from work, absolute garbage. I tend to use Rocol ldf and isolating parts of system, mainly coz I’m a cheapskate and won’t buy my own. I believe the regin one is good, but expensive, the Rigid CD-100 is supposed to be good, and under £100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why's this old thread been relighted, KoP you been sniffing something?

I do like my Ridgid CD-100 cos it's built like a bloody tank, has a nice long strong goose neck and you can buy a new sensor off the shelf for it if need be. Been through a few Kane wand type sniffers (mainly because I have Kane fga) that seem to be made of glass they are so fragile. For less than £100 I think it's a steal or certainly worth forty quid more than a Kane wand type.

Last edited:

Reply to Which Gas leak detector is best in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock