Search the forum,

Discuss Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k993802

Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance

And yes you would have a feed and return circuit

Also you would need a blending valve either in combo with a manifold or separate

Last edited:
It would have been much easier and cheaper to have done an electric underfloor but such is life.

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance
Use an Amptec electric in line UFH model, they are soft start and modulate from 12 kw, down through 9 then 6 and finally 3kw--cost about £550

Would have been even better (and cheaper) to have put a small air-air heat pump in.
rapid response, 1/4 of the running costs of electric boiler... Would even have cooled it in the summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock