• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

k993802

Reaction score
Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
And yes you would have a feed and return circuit

Also you would need a blending valve either in combo with a manifold or separate

Last edited:
T

tamz

It would have been much easier and cheaper to have done an electric underfloor but such is life.

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

DougFIDHEE

Reaction score
Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance
Use an Amptec electric in line UFH model, they are soft start and modulate from 12 kw, down through 9 then 6 and finally 3kw--cost about £550

Worcester

Plumber
Reaction score
Would have been even better (and cheaper) to have put a small air-air heat pump in.
rapid response, 1/4 of the running costs of electric boiler... Would even have cooled it in the summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes