Search the forum,

Discuss Which Danfoss model is this heating control? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, could somebody identify which model this heating control is? (its the wireless, battery version):

IMG_20210428_175347.jpg

-I thought "40704" might be the model number, but I've seen the exact same sticker on other versions...? Anyway, thanks in advance/having a look.

Models on the drop down TP 4000 or one of the others think 4000 is 24 hr and 5000 is 5+2 programmer
Thanks Gasmk 1. I'll come clean: I know next to nothing about plumbing/CH. I've moved into a property that's been vacant for a while, and I need to replace this unit like for like (I read it has to be the exact same model otherwie it won't sync with the boiler?). Is there anyway of finding out which model it is without turning it on? (the insides are rusty as hell with battery leak damage).

Thanks Gasmk 1. I'll come clean: I know next to nothing about plumbing/CH. I've moved into a property that's been vacant for a while, and I need to replace this unit like for like (I read it has to be the exact same model otherwie it won't sync with the boiler?). Is there anyway of finding out which model it is without turning it on? (the insides are rusty as hell with battery leak damage).
I would replace it with a honeywell T3 or 4

(the insides are rusty as hell with battery leak damage).
If you're referring just to the battery compartment corrosion we can see in the photo, it might clean up with a bit of scraping, brushing and wiping, and assuming the metal tabs are not corroded through it might still work! If it was me I'd give that a shot first. You need to scrape the battery tabs so that the parts that touch the ends of the cells are showing clean bare metal.

On the other hand, if you've looked inside at the electronics, and the leaking battery electrolyte has got inside and there's corrosion, you need a replacement!

They are available. A replacement TP 4000 will need pairing with your receiver. Instructions are on the web.

Reply to Which Danfoss model is this heating control? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice. My CH system has 2 controllers one for water and one for heating. I would like to replace these with one controller for bother heating and water contol. I have a Salus RT500RF which controls the heating and is mouted in the hall and is battery operated. In the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock