Search the forum,

Discuss Which boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reltub

Hi guys I have been asked to quote for new radiators in a very large house - 6 beds 1 main bathroom 1 on-suite and 1 downstairs toilet.
There are currently 13 rads on the system and will be 15 with the 2 they want adding on. The boiler thats currently in is a main 30kw combi.
Ive worked all the rads out to have a combined output of roughly 32kw. (Some very big rads)
Ive been looking at the worcester 42kw cdi with a ch output of 30kw.
What i want to know is will this size boiler be able to cope with the demand, if no recommendations for what will would be appreciated.
Also will 22mm pipe runs be sufficient.

Thanks

The hot water output from the 42kw boiler for be fine for the customers needs I just want to confirm that this boiler will be able to handle the central heating demand.

If the rads need 32kw and the 42Cdi gives 30 then it's not enough. look at Atag boilers they do a 51 Kw combi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Size the house not the existing rads as will be over sized anyway

Haha i know mate its just the £ issue and they only originally budgeted for swapping the rads.

I have sized the house and all existing rads are massively undersized the 32kw is the rads im going to be fitting I think i should be ok with the 42kw boiler as the 3 top floor rads are rarely used, if i did fit it will i get away with just connecting onto the exisiting 22mm htg pipes.

existing rads Masively undersized? With an output of 32KW and you want to put in a boiler with a max output of 30kw? Something not quite right there. How did you do the whole house sizing

No mate with the correct size rads for the house it's 32kw and the top floor rads are rarely useds so with out them its roughly 28kw output.

I hope that you are going to put in writing that you are supplying a boiler that will not cope with the maximum demand of the system. If not when they get guests you will have an irate customer on the phone telling you that the system you've put in doesn't work.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Read the Domestic Heating Design Guide and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock