• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Which adhesive and/or sealant would you say is the best? in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
for what threads?

loctite 577 or 55

Pickwickpick

Plumber
Reaction score
Depends on what you need to use it for, there's an amazing selection of different types of sealant, adhesive and hybrid sealant/adhesives, its about picking the right one for the right task.

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
781 dow corning as a silicone adhesive
Everbuild forever white as a final seal ( shower trays etc )
Best adhesive out , sticks like **** . Incredible stuff .

Pickwickpick

Plumber
Reaction score
781 dow corning as a silicone adhesive
Everbuild forever white as a final seal ( shower trays etc )
Best adhesive out , sticks like **** . Incredible stuff .
Been impressed with Everbuild Forever White. Recently went back to a bathroom I worked on 5 -6 years ago and its still perfectly white and they're hardly the most on top of keeping things spotless which I know plays a big part in keeping silicone discoloration free.

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Been impressed with Everbuild Forever White. Recently went back to a bathroom I worked on 5 -6 years ago and its still perfectly white and they're hardly the most on top of keeping things spotless which I know plays a big part in keeping silicone discoloration free.
It is good stuff , think I have been using it over 10 years now, never seen any mould yet , but it does yellow. Big plus point is you can remove it with out too much trouble .

p16ulw

GSR
Reaction score
It is good stuff , think I have been using it over 10 years now, never seen any mould yet , but it does yellow. Big plus point is you can remove it with out too much trouble .
Ct1 all day long , I have used the forever white and found it to be weak and I have also seen it turn mouldy

p16ulw

GSR
Reaction score
First time I have heard that , how long did it last ?
I think it was just over a year , it was a shower room I had fitted and I had was back servicing the boiler and ended up removing the silicone round the shower base and doing it again with ct1 for free

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I think it was just over a year , it was a shower room I had fitted and I had was back servicing the boiler and ended up removing the silicone round the shower base and doing it again with ct1 for free
Unbelievable that lol , never happened to me , did you spray water on it or lick your finger ?

king of pipes

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Dow Corning 785 used it for years white and clear , I also like ct1 but the white does go yellow over time which is a shame and you need their aerosol spray to tool it up properly. Kop

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom