Search the forum,

Discuss Which accounting software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timbob

Hi guys, not entirely sure this is in the correct part of the forum, so please move mods if not - sorry if its not.

I started my own ltd company 8 months ago now, I started by creating my own spreadsheets to keep track of all my finances etc....

However, i have now hit the VAT threshold and am having to register for VAT, I feel that its time to use some software that is designed to do this kind of thing, as the busness grows im sure ill have to switch over at some point, seems now is as good a time as any.

So, Iv googled it and kashflow, sage and clearbooks all look ok, but vary massively in price.

what would you guys reccommend? have experiences with?

Thanks, Tim.

Pay an accountant , save you the trouble and give you more time to focus on the business

I use free agent. I'm ltd and it works out my corporation tax throughout the year as I go. You can also submit your vat returns through them. If you decide to go for it give me a shout as I have a referral code which gives us discount on the monthly cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks bud, I do pay an accountant for all the tax stuff and PAYE etc... But I do the book keeping myself, as I like to see whats going on etc....

Thanks CES,

I googled it and they look good, Presumeable you can input all your customer details into it and quotes etc...? can you customise the layouts of invoices, quotes etc to fit with your own headed paper designs and layouts?

Any disadvantages or annoying things about freeagent you can think of?

They do a 30 day free trial. You can input all your customer details, use their estimate/quote system, convert your quote to an invoice. You can do online bank account reconciliation. It keeps track of when invoices and bills are due. Set up recurring billing etc. You can use their themes for your invoices and estimates or you can create your own, setup reminder, late payment notice and remittance emails. Its probably best to have a play around with it to be honest.
They have also started linking up with GoCardless which means you can add a "pay me now" button to your invoices to get quicker online payments. The fee for this is 1% of the total (limited to ÂŁ2 IIRC) which is cheaper than having a card machine (I know I've got one!).
I sound like a salesperson for them but honestly I'm not. I used SAGE and Kashflow in the past (Kashflow was good but I found Freeagent to have more bits that I use).
If you decide to go for it use this code. It knocks 10% off for you and me.
Online Accounting Software: Small Business and Freelancers - FreeAgent
The downside is like most online accounting programs its not easy to deal with CIS payments, it can be done but you need to get your head around it first.

VT Cashbook - such a brilliant and simple piece of software.

Rumour has it that even Stephen Hawking is clueless when it comes to Sage so it might be best to steer clear of that one:lol:

There's a various range of software that can be used to make things easier.

Quickbooks is fantastic. But I also recommend you look at xero.com and Waveapps.com.

I think these three are the future because of how easy they are.

I'm using the xero trial, I've trailed freeagent and another one that I can't remember at the moment. Xero is the best to date for me. Well laid out and plenty of video guides to help you make the most of it. I think its ÂŁ15 a month and your accountant can access your account and it doesn't cost them anything.

you can try most before you buy so wor seeing which one suits you best.

I use Sage Line 100 for my accounts which I find very useful, esp when it comes to the revenue,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which accounting software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water cylinder installation. It was my first time installing an UHWC by myself as I've recently started my own business. Before I started the job I realised that...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock