Search the forum,

Discuss Where to find a replacement solar TMV? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Jay

Hi all,

A while back I posted about an issue I was having with hot taps running luke warm whilst the water in the cylinder was hot (70 deg).

It was determined that the likely issue was a faulty TMV.

I’m looking for assistance for 2 points if possible:
1. Does anyone know where I can get a like for like replacement for the Solar TMV. There seems to be many types out there and to the untrained it’s a little confusing. Image of current one included. Can’t figure out who the manufacturer is - Altecnic possibly??

2. It looks straight forward to swap out. I have previously had to change out a PRV and had remove and reseat one of the expansion vessels. So not a complete newbie. Can anyone direct me to an instructional video etc? Or provide me with an overview of how to change it out?

Hot Water set-up:
  • Unvented cylinder - Range Tribune HE Indirect Solar TT300 by Kingspan
  • Solar panels - “Clearly Solar Collectors” by Glow worm
  • Solar panel system - Solar pump station and system hydraulics by Glow worm
  • Boiler - Logic Heat 15 by Ideal
  • Programmable thermostats and hot water timer by Danfoss (TP9000+TP5000Si)
  • Fluropro solar control by Glow worm

Many thanks in advance.
8D92D7B9-4CE7-4FD9-AE23-201976115C78.jpeg
3F9D6473-4E8F-4CF9-8184-7B8370C607EA.jpeg

Attachments

• E23224FE-6055-4764-A8AA-FD1945F83ABF.jpeg
    E23224FE-6055-4764-A8AA-FD1945F83ABF.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Pegular bulldog looks the same 22mm

Reply to Where to find a replacement solar TMV? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock