Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss where to attach hard water pipe in water softener fixing? in the DIY Plumbing How-To Guides area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
Where to attach hard water pipe in water softener fixing?
recently i had to fix water softener on my area. Here they had connected it with direct well water.
I read fixing process on this site but matter not solved yet. can anyone help me out?

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Logic tells me to the inlet of the softner as I see no point in connecting it to the outlet side..

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well water needs treating before you drink it , in the UK the normal practice is to pass all the incoming supply through a sediment filter then though a UV filter to kill off any bacteria, a supply for drinking is then taken off and passed through a reverse osmosis filter it is then safe to drink , the water for general washing ect is passed through the water softener and then supplies the hot water cylinder and the remaining cold supplies which should not be used for drinking . Kop

Reply to where to attach hard water pipe in water softener fixing? in the DIY Plumbing How-To Guides area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs