Search the forum,

Discuss Where can i get spare spindle parts for bastow taps? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

HI folks, hoping to pick your brains. My bathrooms have Bastow tapware in federation style. House was built 1997, so these are 25 years old now. The spindle has a screw on shaft, that I assume lets them have just one type of spindle and then change the shaft for different colours - gold in my case. The internally threaded end of the shaft that screws onto the spindle has split so I need to replace that shaft. I cant find any reference to just these shafts anywhere on the interwebs, so wondering if anyone knows where I can buy one - or will have have to replace the entire spindle?

spindle shaft.jpg

Looks like it might be the whole spindle, have you searched bastow tapware?

Looks like it might be the whole spindle, have you searched bastow tapware?
Until my fingers bled. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything definitive, hence my post here. I've actually araldlited it in place for now - lets see how well that holds. If it does, problem solved. If it doesn't, no worse off becasue I think its "replace the whole spindle" too ...

Araldite seems to be holding well, so I think we can call this one closed because I've probably eliminated any option to replace the shaft now anyway, as removing the old one and all the araldite without messing up the remaining threads would be harder than just replacing the spindle ...

Reply to Where can i get spare spindle parts for bastow taps? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock