Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I buy this bath plug? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have removed a seized bath plug from my bath, but would like any advice about how to go about finding a replacement. Please see attached photos.

It just sits in the plug hole. The mechanism is spring loaded. If you push it down, it closes the hole and the top disk sits flush against the bezel in the bath. You push it down to release it and it pops up to let the water out. It seized in the closed position. 4cm diameter.

Does anyone know who makes these things? I have no idea about the bath manufacturer.

Any suggestions for a good plumbing shop that I can go to and ask in London? I tried my local one and they couldn't help.

Thanks,
Luke

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_152837.jpg
    IMG_20220206_152837.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220206_152852.jpg
    IMG_20220206_152852.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220206_152859.jpg
    IMG_20220206_152859.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 9
You should be able to take apart the assembly you have, and replace the 'clicker' spring mechanism shaft that is jammed. They are a replaceable component readily available.
I would start by trying to unscrew the basket part at the bottom, and then unscrewing the chrome cover/plug at the other end.
Then you can measure the click-clack waste spring mechanism you have to find a replacement.
Example below, but there's other sizes.

If you prefer to purchase from a shop rather than on-line, I think you would have more success taking the spring mechanism in (which they would hopefully recognise!), rather than the whole assembly, which they probably would not!
7E177945-AA8D-4C4B-82FC-2D1015347D00.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like one of these:

You should be able to take apart the assembly you have, and replace the 'clicker' spring mechanism shaft that is jammed. They are a replaceable component readily available.
I would start by trying to unscrew the basket part at the bottom, and then unscrewing the chrome cover/plug at the other end.
Then you can measure the click-clack waste spring mechanism you have to find a replacement.
Example below, but there's other sizes.

If you prefer to purchase from a shop rather than on-line, I think you would have more success taking the spring mechanism in (which they would hopefully recognise!), rather than the whole assembly, which they probably would not!
View attachment 73494
Thanks for this suggestion. By the time I read this I'd ordered the replacement that the other poster suggested.

Reply to Where can I buy this bath plug? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock