Search the forum,

Discuss When is a few specks of dirt sludge.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Col

A few months ago I had a problem with the diverter valve in my boiler (an old but well-maintained Worcester Bosch). The plumber came to repair the boiler but after taking a sample of not more than a few drops from the valve in the boiler decided that the system had sludge and would not proceed until I had had a power flush.
In the end, I decided to replace the boiler and, in the process, did have a power flush. The company that did the power flush told me that the system was clean to start with. Who do you believe?

No idea as to be honest would need to have seen the system water to test. If it was worcester that looked at the boiler they may have completed a PH test. The water can look clear but if the PH is wrong with some companies it voids the insurance.

No idea as to be honest would need to have seen the system water to test. If it was worcester that looked at the boiler they may have completed a PH test. The water can look clear but if the PH is wrong with some companies it voids the insurance.
Unfortunately nobody took a PH test So there is only the visual evidence. I just thought it seemed rather unfair to invalidate an insurance policy on the basis of a few specs of dirt in a sample and then not to acknowledge the results of a power flush.

Just from the thread title I thought ''When it's BG looking at it''
Actually it was Corgi HomePlan.
What really irritated me was that when I rang their customer service (on the day I was refused cover) to voice doubt over the diagnosis of sludge they suggested that if the power flush showed no sludge they would offer compensation. What actually happened was rather different. I had the power flush when the new boiler was installed and the plumber said it was a clean system, so I rang Corgi HP and they told me to get the plumber to write a letter and send it to their head office. I did this and Corgi wrote back to say they did not find my evidence conclusive. I even took it to an Ombudsman who also prefers the evidence of a speck of dirt to the observations of the plumber who did the power flush hence my disappointment.

Reply to When is a few specks of dirt sludge.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock