Search the forum,

Discuss whats your opinion on this outside tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive told her its best to do it my way, she was told these are what she needs :63:

Had customers insist that I use what they've supplied, i.e. that garbage and point blank refused. Putting the hole through the wall is the hardest part of fitting an outside tap so when that's done why bodge the rest of the job with a bit of hosepipe and a jubilee clip?!

i agree lee

thought id ask the question on what there like as ive never used one and dont intend to

thanks people

Im with the guys on this . Any plumber should stay away for this diy setup. If you want a good package with all bits together then travis perkins do a great set with everything needed including tap with checkvalve, iso valve , teeand even piece of copper all for £13. Id put link up but im on my mobile n not sure if i can .

Simple way to deal with this as every plumber should know (WaterSafe).
Is the product listed by WRAS ? No, well to install it would mean you & ultimately the customer breaking the Water Regs (Law).

Just because a produce is sold by the likes of B&Q does not mean it is fit for purpose.

You could not supply a commissioning cert (your invoice) to say that it conforms to Water Regs so customer could not use the defense of employing an plumber who was qualified & new what he was doing, so they would be prosecuted themselves for polluting our water supply.

They also sell things like this which under normal domestic conditions it is almost impossible to install without a real risk to our health !!!
Cooke & Lewis Montone Pull-Out Tap, 0000004059325

diy tat imho and as already said not to regulations of any type. if asked to fit one i would say sure i'll fit it but it'll cost you double to do it properly when this one fails.

21 seconds 21 seconds 21 seconds to gooooooo. Song I nearly as annoying and pointless as the advise your custard got from b&poo

Be some retired handy man giving out advise at b&q as he's expert!

True plumber wouldnt use this diy tat, also will be double the price of doing it properly!

I have taken a few of the B&Q outside tap kits out due to leaks, I would rather turn down a job rather than fit that kit.

sorry!
couldnt stop laughing/////

took one out a while back, the hose as it is exposed to sunlight had perished.
thinking about it, why not just drill hole and shove hose pipe through it, same thing?

i use the one from toolstation its a lot better but i am now awaiting the info on the travis one..............

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the brass plate where the bib tap spins in the middle and has a copper pipe already soldered on the collar, looks the business and does the job! Im naughty i dont install a check valve tho because they make a hissing noise which customers think theres a leak...depending which merchant i go for though the bib tap has a DCV, however dont like installing them as they freeze in winter easily

Don't you have to fit a check valve? Due to back siphonage regs?????????

New install requires a seperate dbl. c/v to be fitted inside building. Only allowed a tap with built in check valves if a replacement and don't forget to sleeve through the wall.

As a professional it is illegal for you to install any 'diy' tap kit.
Non compliant garbage.

first why lose out on a job? tell them the price which you would normally charge to do it in copper with correct valves, use some of the diy parts but use copper. keep twisty valve for when you need to drain down something that has no drain off.

I have explained using that doesn't conform to regs and she's happy that I will be doing it in copper, I think she's a bit peed she was told it would be OK to use it by a trade professional at B&Q :)

I have explained using that doesn't conform to regs and she's happy that I will be doing it in copper, I think she's a bit peed she was told it would be OK to use it by a trade professional at B&Q :)

my ex girlfriend is a trade professional for the plumbing and bathrooms at b&q.

you can imagine the fun i poke at her for it, she knows sod all

The B&Q I used at Castleford was spot on the trade pros really knew there stuff I guess this B&Q was run by cowboys :)

They are generally numpties at bnq.
I was caught out on a job once and needed a tin of gas. I was stood in the aisle looking for mapp. Young lad about 25 in an orange apron comes up to me and tells me its actually propane that I require. No it isnt I said. Oh yes it is said he. Take my word for it he says you can trust me im a plumber by trade. I replied "course you are chicken, thats why you're working here for minimum wage"

If I was fitting a garden tap I'd be supplying my own stuff from a merchants rather than that. Know what your working with fittings wise is half the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whats your opinion on this outside tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock