Search the forum,

Discuss Whats this fitting in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - can anyone identify this fitting and its purpose - it is located on the downstream side of a central heating pump. It is fed by 28mm copper but runs into 22mm copper. The lettering is SMC and it has a directional arrow on it. on the far side ( difficult to get a photo) there is a threaded fixture with 10mm bolt head. The system was probably installed

The seal around the square plate which is secured by the 4 screws is leaking ( and dripping onto the pump electrics below) so I need to either replace or reseal it. I presume just unscrewing the plate would result in water everywhere, so I dont want to overtighten and shear anything off. .
Thanks

Hi - can anyone identify this fitting and its purpose - it is located on the downstream side of a central heating pump. It is fed by 28mm copper but runs into 22mm copper. The lettering is SMC and it has a directional arrow on it. on the far side ( difficult to get a photo) there is a threaded fixture with 10mm bolt head. The system was probably installed

The seal around the square plate which is secured by the 4 screws is leaking ( and dripping onto the pump electrics below) so I need to either replace or reseal it. I presume just unscrewing the plate would result in water everywhere, so I dont want to overtighten and shear anything off. .
Thanks

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-12_16-21-52.jpg
    photo_2021-05-12_16-21-52.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo_2021-05-12_16-21-53.jpg
    photo_2021-05-12_16-21-53.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 32
Maybe a strainer

Looks like an old check valve for the reason Gasmk gave. Stopping circulation around heating circuit when DHW only is on?
Guessing! not seen one looking like that before but it could be.

Looks like an old check valve for the reason Gasmk gave. Stopping circulation around heating circuit when DHW only is on?
Guessing! not seen one looking like that before but it could be.
Thanks, Yep - makes sense as DHW branches off just below the Central heating pump. Was probably installed 30+ yrs ago. Key thing I need to know is can I slacken off those cover screws and attempt to re- seal without draining the system down.

Reply to Whats this fitting in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock