Search the forum,

Discuss whats the worst/best day you have had in the trade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just for a change, as the title says. anyone had a bad day or a really good day or a bad/good job they would like to share? think a post like this one has been done before but nobody ever seems to tell the good bits.

best day, getting paid from awkward customers and dodgy builders, sorry about being cynical

Broke an outiside dodgy stoptap and had push down on the key for 4 hours till aquaforce turned up!

worst day for my mate ,large manhole filled to the brim ,fixing rods to gether ,steps backward and disapears into 12 foot deep manhole ,not at all happy when i got him out

Working on a backed up toilet in one of the local brothels, cut a 4" soil pipe and got atorrent of sh**, pi** tampax and used condoms. Ran outside to be immediately sick on the pavement. Next door was a nice little bistro on lunch service, manager there wasn't too happy as I remember. Ah, drainage work-now why did I ever give it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whats the worst/best day you have had in the trade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage professionally pressure washed out, but wanted me to see what I could do to avoid it happening again. On inspection, I found that the soil pipe leading...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a month. Place is old but was renovated in 2014 so thought it would be in decent nick! Plumber came out to rod it end January from the access hatch...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock