Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best Flue Gas Analyser?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dylski

hello people!! i'm just about to purchase my own FGA and i'm loooking for some guidance from those who have delt with these for years..i'm thinking anton sprint v2 kit 3??

thanks in advance

ye the anton is my prefered fga but heard kane is good.I did have a tpi but it needed new sensor after 6 month and was told it needed it again when it was sent for re-callibration

got an older anton tx2000 but needs sensors every calibration.

Got a Kane 455 the whole shee bang (printer + all diff probes) from gas installers workmate website for a good price. Fixed price servicing and 5 year gurantee on CO probe was a good selling point for me, first ever FGA, been warned off tpi as a couple of lads got them and nothing but problems

i have the kane 455 and its very good. I also would like to say the testo ones are quite good but very expensive.

most of them are good and work well.

i posted a simlar thread a while back and some sugested hiring one as a test , see if you like then deside

it was a good idea worth doing

Dont pay to hire one mate phone the rep up as see if he can let the merchant hire it to you and they pay the bill on your behalf! If there product is that good and there confident of it surely it would be a no brainer for them.... and you will buy the one there selling just stay away from tpi

just had my v2 calibrated & cells, ÂŁ285!.
mate had his testo done ÂŁ300.
kane requires them after a few years, ÂŁ200 odd.

parts center say tpi, bg use them and any service and any required sensors all in @ÂŁ56+vat.

makes you think, if you can think about it.!!

Just checked out the kane website, when I bought mine last year it was ÂŁ59 + vat for an annual service. It is now unfortunately ÂŁ84 + vat for year 1, 2, 3 & 4 so still not bad in my 'newbie' opinion

I know some 3 rd year service is expensive due to co sensor replacement on some makes and models....

Just checked out the kane website, when I bought mine last year it was ÂŁ59 + vat for an annual service. It is now unfortunately ÂŁ84 + vat for year 1, 2, 3 & 4 so still not bad in my 'newbie' opinion

Does that include replacement of cells lambchop? I'm looking to replace my fga this year. Past 3yrs I've put it in for service and it's cost me upwards ÂŁ200 for cells each year!!! I'm sure that's a rip-off!!! Got a pal with an unserviced model exactly the same and we compared the readings on his & mine one day ... Virtually the same and he hadn't had it looked at for 3yrs! It's a Testo 325, by-the-way ..!

im a newbie and its my first FGA and this year my first service on my kane 455! So im hoping what Ive read and been told is true and all costs are fixed until 5th year, I'm waiting for the thorn of experience and hoping its not going to be too painful

im a newbie and its my first FGA and this year my first service on my kane 455! So im hoping what Ive read and been told is true and all costs are fixed until 5th year, I'm waiting for the thorn of experience and hoping its not going to be too painful

I was reading up on the Kane on the Corgi website. The 5yr thing has me swaying in there direction but not sure whether that will cover cell replacement or not ... I wonder if anyone out here knows? :)

I'll do some delving in the mean time. The printer on my Testo packed in a cupl of days ago so will be investing in something soon :)

Just bought a Kane 455 CPA1 Kit. The full monty! Retail is ÂŁ699.00 plus Vodka & Tonic, but got a deal for ÂŁ560.00 Plus! I have used the Anton, and too be honest i have found the Kane more user friendly. The dial makes it a lot easier, and also on the Kane web site, there are about 6 videos how to set up and use the machine... Norm from Southend

Just bought a Kane 455 CPA1 Kit. The full monty! Retail is ÂŁ699.00 plus Vodka & Tonic, but got a deal for ÂŁ560.00 Plus! I have used the Anton, and too be honest i have found the Kane more user friendly. The dial makes it a lot easier, and also on the Kane web site, there are about 6 videos how to set up and use the machine... Norm from Southend

:welcome: to the forum Norm :) Does the 5yr warranty cover the cells do you know?

Okay just for you guys and my benefit here's a link Fixed Price Service

And this is their service guarantee... The pricing is listed on the link above ... :)

What's INCLUDED?

• Year 1 and 3:
  • Full Check and Recalibration
  • Applicable software upgrades
  • Traceable Calibration Certificate
  • Return carriage via courier
  • Another 12 months warranty **

• Year 2 and 4:
  • Replace oxygen sensor *
  • Replace carbon monoxide sensor *
  • Replace pump if required
  • Full Check and Recalibration
  • Applicable software upgrades
  • Traceable Calibration Certificate
  • Return carriage via courier
  • Another 12 months warranty **
  • KANE 455 does not require replacement sensors
* KANE455 does not require replacement sensors.
Equivalent to a 5 Year Extended Warranty, if serviced annually by Kane.

Now to find out a comparison ... :)

Okay here's a link to Anton Sprint V2
http://www.anton-group.com/flue_gas.htm

Comes with a 2yr warranty & about ÂŁ100 less than the Kane455 ... However if the cells need replacing say every 2yrs then the Kane would save you money long term me thinks ..hmmmmmmmmm!

Now decision time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a Testo & my current one issued to me is a v2. I preferred the Testo. Easy to use, felt better quality, was quicker with the readings & never gave me a problem. The only downside was the size & the massive box it comes in!

The Anton looks & feels cheap, navigation is not as easy & it takes ages to settle. I got water in it & had to dry it out in the a/c for 2 weeks whilst I was.on holiday. The pump is noisy too, even before I got condense in it.

I dont care which is the best. I like the Kane for its easy to functions. Life is too complicated with all the other ****e we all plumbers have to deal with. Kane / Anton / & The others - even B & Q.. Just get whats best for you!

I dont care which is the best. I like the Kane for its easy to functions. Life is too complicated with all the other ****e we all plumbers have to deal with. Kane / Anton / & The others - even B & Q.. Just get whats best for you!

Just found out I can get 20% discount trade in for my old Testo off the Kane 455 :) I think that may have swayed me :)

Does that include replacement of cells lambchop? I'm looking to replace my fga this year. Past 3yrs I've put it in for service and it's cost me upwards ÂŁ200 for cells each year!!! I'm sure that's a rip-off!!! Got a pal with an unserviced model exactly the same and we compared the readings on his & mine one day ... virtually the same and he hadn't had it looked at for 3yrs! It's a Testo 325, by-the-way ..!

i'll bet that's the case with most analysers, me thinks we're getting taken to the cleaners with this yearly calibration thingy.

me thinks just to ballance it out a bit here, if you do a search in the forums you will find a costing guide and the kane works out to be more!!!! over 5 years.

me thinks just to ballance it out a bit here, if you do a search in the forums you will find a costing guide and the kane works out to be more!!!! over 5 years.

Cheers REDSAW ... If you check out their advertising they state ÂŁ84 flat rate for 5yrs no hidden costs as long as you use them for calibration & service. My testo has cost me nearly ÂŁ500 the past 3 yrs having to replace cells every year! I'm gonna run the testo to the ground just for curiosity now and get me something new ... Personally I'm swayed by the kane's 5yr no quibble which sounds good... Unless anyone know's otherwise that is :)

They're all costly IMO! Hohum! :)

here you go.....

Kane service price

12 months ÂŁ85
24 months ÂŁ85
36 months ÂŁ85
48 months ÂŁ85
60 months, both cells replaced. No prices from Kane but expect ÂŁ200

Total: ÂŁ540.00, (based on standard service and parts).

Anton V2

12 months ÂŁ45
24 months ÂŁ90 O2 cell
36 months ÂŁ120 CO cell
48 months ÂŁ90 O2 cell
60 months ÂŁ45

total: ÂŁ390, (based on standard service and parts).**

Both have five year warranty if service by either manufacturers or authorized service company.

** Additional cost for NOx cells or linear checks using 7 test gases ranging from 10ppm to 1% CO .

Most internal parts are covered by the manufacturers warranty such as the display, batteries on the V2, main PCB and pumps. Not covered on either is damaged caused buy accident or misuse including water damage to the cells and very high CO exposure. The Kane tops out at 4000ppm, the V2 reads 10,000 on the display but the cell goes to 20,000ppm

Data storage:

Kane 455
99 combustion results or 20 of either, pressure, temp or CO room safety

Anton Sprint V2,
200 minimum of any logs.

I was thinking of trading my fga in before the 5th year get a discount and claim tax back on new on so shouldnt be too bad, nice to have something new & shiny, we all work hard enough for it

here you go.....

Most internal parts are covered by the manufacturers warranty such as the display, batteries on the V2, main PCB and pumps. Not covered on either is damaged caused buy accident or misuse including water damage to the cells and very high CO exposure. The Kane tops out at 4000ppm, the V2 reads 10,000 on the display but the cell goes to 20,000ppm

Data storage:

Kane 455
99 combustion results or 20 of either, pressure, temp or CO room safety

Anton Sprint V2,
200 minimum of any logs.

Thanks for the post REDSAW :D ... Has me swinging the other way now ... hmmmmmm..! End of the day my decision will be about cost as cost to keep the Testo I have going is why I want to get shot of it! I like all the Tech that comes with the V2 .... hmmmmmm! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the Kane kit. The only parts I have had changed on these kits is the oxygen cells over the years. Have been using these kits for over twenty years. The only thing I have found with these kits to go a bit funny is that if they're not used for maybe two weeks or a month the can give trouble. So if you.re going away for 2 weeks, or you don't do rhat much servicing get someons to use it frequently for you. This may sound odd but I've had experince of this. I work in a company that has 4 of them in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best Flue Gas Analyser?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock