Search the forum,

Discuss whats that pipe that is branching off my bath water feed? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

i'm rummaging around under the bath wanting to change the old 1970's taps. the feed to the taps is 15mm but there's another 15mm pipe branching off and into the wall about 6 inches before the feed reaches the tap connector. i have no idea why or what it is for. why would you have a pipe taking water away from the flow to the bath?
i'm not a plumber and cant understand this idea at all. the house used to be two flats and the pipe re-appears in a room next to the bathroom. i'm told this room used to be a kitchen. does this explain anything? do i have to plumb in this "branch" pipe when i connect the feed to the bath taps? or can i cap it off and forget about it?

please help as it is really holding up progress

Is the pipe that reappears in what used to be the kitchen blanked off or connected to anything, would you want a water feed in this room for anything?

Reply to whats that pipe that is branching off my bath water feed? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock