Search the forum,

Discuss What's everyone's favourite end feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
As in title, what's everyones favourite brand of end feed fittings? Mines are Yorkshire Endex as they have never let me down, and are thicker and much better made than the cheapo brands.
On the cheaper fittings, from the diy chains, not only is the copper thinner, but one end of the pipe goes into the fitting further than the slip on the fitting and they generally have tighter bends restricting flow.

So what's your favourite brand?

Endex but I’m not paying over a quid a fitting will switch to Yorkshire if I’m paying that :D

Yorkshire myself. But every now and again I have to tell Wolseley off for randomly putting their fittings onto my orders when they know exactly what I want. o_O;)

Endex also for me, but often just whatever I am sold.
Endex generally is in a class of its own.
Don’t like any other brands that the pipe can slip through.

Not really a favourite and I don't have a choice as I use the merchants I'm told but I use Grahams own brand, don't know who make them but the 15mm fittings come in packs of 100 and 22mm in packs of 50 which is handy. They are a case of quantity over quality though and do sometimes struggle getting the pipe into the fittings.

Some of the cheap fittings only have a one year warranty. Come on, a copper fitting only guaranteed for a year?!! Endex have a 25 year warranty and can be used for water, oil and gas while many of the cheap fittings can only be used with hot and cold water.

Some of the cheap fittings only have a one year warranty. Come on, a copper fitting only guaranteed for a year?!! Endex have a 25 year warranty and can be used for water, oil and gas while many of the cheap fittings can only be used with hot and cold water.

I honestly have never thought of warranty for endfeed fittings and never thought if they were suitable for gas & water but know they are not allowed on oil due to being soldered.

I think in my 20 years I have never ever gone to a fitting leaking that is down to a manufacturers fault and they are all down to installers fault. That's including the leaks that I have had, I'd like to say it was a manufacturing fault but no was down to me.

Blast from the past. I found all my old lead working tools last weekend, and in the box was my old faithful moleskin cloth. Bet the youngsters don't know what a moleskin cloth is :)

A cloth made from moleskin?

I use whatever is provided, which is currently TP’s own brand, used to be Yorkshire solder ring, then Conex branded solder ring now TP branded, which is goodness knows what.

Reply to What's everyone's favourite end feed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock