Search the forum,

Discuss What’s causing this noise? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone I’m a newbie 😊. I’m a landlord and one of my tenants has been complaining about an intermittent noise which I think may be coming from a neighbour upstairs but I’m not sure...does anyone recognise what might be causing the noise? It sounds like pipes banging and happens at random times of day when my tenant is eg watching tv and hasn’t touched the taps all day. Also heating is off at the moment and we have a 3 yr old vaillant combi boiler in another area of flat so can’t see it’s that. Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to plumbers forums. The noise (albeit muffled) sounds either like a stopcock jumper flipping open and closed, or a solenoid of some sort. Have you spoken with the neighbour?

Thanks so much for your replies! I have tried to speak to one neighbour but had to put a note through their door. My tenant has and asked about his noisy boiler which is at least 20 feet away but maybe It’s related. Also it’s coming from an area where 4 flats meet including mine(!) so unsure which one it is. Sorry to be ignorant but what is a stopcock jumper or solenoid? I don’t think there’s a dishwasher but could be a washing machine although the neighbour I think it is, is a single oap so unlikely to be doing washing as often as the noise comes (which is every day at random times) thx 😊

Reply to What’s causing this noise? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock