Search the forum,

Discuss What type of system do I have? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I replaced a radiator from a single to a double and now the radiator lock shield is leaking from the spindle. The lock shield is quite old with a 3/4 union. I looked to see if I can pack the spindle but the spindle is threaded inside a threaded nut, which when I undo, also unscrews the lock shield spindle.

I have a condensing boiler with a vented hot water tank, in my loft I have an overflow/expansion tank which supplies the cold fill loop for the boiler. I was under the impression the cold water tank in the loft was an expansion tank for the central heating, but then why does the boiler require a cold fill loop and pressurised to run?

Its so I can drain the system and replace the lock shield, but I might pay a plumber to do it and also replace another radiator just in case I encounter any issues.

In my previous house my central heating had a cold expansion tank in my loft and a second tank too. So this house only having one throws me.

Thanks.

Sounds like the tank in the loft is for your hot water eg cylinder (should be a big ish tank around 30-50 gallons)

The heating sounds sealed eg filled via the filling loop

Thanks, itā€™s late and and I just read my op! itā€™s a little mumble jumble so apologises for that.

If my system is sealed, that means I can just drain my central heating and I wonā€™t have to isolate anything else as the only feed is via the fill loop for the boiler?

Reply to What type of system do I have? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock