Search the forum,

Discuss What tool bag are people using in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
so I am in need of a new tool bag or 2 as all the zips on my are knackered and it is weighing over 20kgs which is starting to hurt my shoulder lugging it around.

I know people like the veto's but the bags themselves weigh 4.5kgs. Ideally I need a lightweight but strong bag or bags?

I have seen a dewalt one which has a light on it which looks ok. Anyone got it?

The one I have now is the stanly fatmax one.

Cheers all

Ch
[automerge]1580460499[/automerge]
Or, does anyone have plastic containers which are stackable but has sections and dividers for individual tools. Oh I am referring to hand tools.

I go the expensive option.

Attachments

• 15804657078294528889327745737910.jpg
    15804657078294528889327745737910.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 48

this is the one i have

I go the expensive option.
I use one of those, great minds!
[automerge]1580474385[/automerge]
I have used all sorts over the years.

Metal boxes that end up with lids/flaps that don't close because of all the nonsense that ends up thrown in at the end of the day when time to run away comes. They weigh a tonne too. They also have a habit of smashing into your knees as you walk because they're so heavy you can't walk straight, or at least not upright.

Bags that end up with busted bottoms because they get thrown onto concrete floors too many times and then allow all your little keys and screwdrivers get lost.

Open boxes with hard bases (for throwing onto concrete floors) that end up full so you can't see the little keys and screwdrivers in the bottom.

At the moment I have a 'roll' which is OK for everyday go to tools but it's not perfect as you still need your big tool box as a backup.

I was looking for a Bass (if anyone remembers them), but they always seem to be out of stock.

Bucket ends up being used a lot, especially on jobs like rad valve changes, you can carry tools from rad to rad and throw the old wet valves in as you make your way round.

There's my input!
Still looking for the best idea myself after thirty odd years. Let me know if you find it.

Last edited:
I go cheap:

Got 1 about 6 months ago, seems fine.

It took me a while to come around to getting one and I know they're expensive but Veto's are worth it and so are you. They are so far above and beyond anything that's out there in terms of design, quality and durability you'll wonder how you managed without one before. They're also guaranteed for five years so they should last a lot longer than that.

It took me a while to come around to getting one and I know they're expensive but Veto's are worth it and so are you, they are so far above and beyond anything that's out there in terms of design, quality and durability you'll wonder how you managed without one before, they're also guaranteed for five years so they should last a lot longer than that.
They are so heavy without tools mate. My boss had one and the wear and tear was in comparison with my fatmax one. Maybe even worse on the zip front. My fat max lasted me 11yrs until the zips went. His was about 8 at 5 x the price.

Fair enough but at 20 + kg it might be worth thinking about something mobile or splitting your tools to save your own wear and tear.

As Simon says; cheap black bucket for me although I’ve used some 1 1/2 white plastic and cable ties to create ‘holders’ so it’s semi organised. Lasted me about 4 years... when it goes it’s a quid for a new one

I have a couple of the Stanley Fatmax large bags.
Majority of tool space is unfortunately just together in bottom of box, so difficult to find anything.
A couple of the outer pockets have torn away at bottom, so no longer used and the top covers are ripping.
Have finally stopped carrying as much weight in just one bag as sore on my knees and shoulder.
Realistically, probably we all have problem that we need too many plumbing and electrical tools as well as small parts, which is not something we can have as a lightweight kit.

It took me a while to come around to getting one and I know they're expensive but Veto's are worth it and so are you. They are so far above and beyond anything that's out there in terms of design, quality and durability you'll wonder how you managed without one before. They're also guaranteed for five years so they should last a lot longer than that.
Which one have you got?

Have you looked at Veto Pro Pac?

Not exactly cheap but superb quality, makes everything incredibly easy to find and will last you a whole career if you don't loose it.

Still on the fatmax rucksack which still does everything the veto does for about 1/5 of the price. I was told over 6 months ago on this forum "itll never last" "the zips will go" but it's still holding up just fine. Recommended

I use one of those, great minds!
[automerge]1580474385[/automerge]
I have used all sorts over the years.

Metal boxes that end up with lids/flaps that don't close because of all the nonsense that ends up thrown in at the end of the day when time to run away comes. They weigh a tonne too. They also have a habit of smashing into your knees as you walk because they're so heavy you can't walk straight, or at least not upright.

Bags that end up with busted bottoms because they get thrown onto concrete floors too many times and then allow all your little keys and screwdrivers get lost.

Open boxes with hard bases (for throwing onto concrete floors) that end up full so you can't see the little keys and screwdrivers in the bottom.

At the moment I have a 'roll' which is OK for everyday go to tools but it's not perfect as you still need your big tool box as a backup.

I was looking for a Bass (if anyone remembers them), but they always seem to be out of stock.

Bucket ends up being used a lot, especially on jobs like rad valve changes, you can carry tools from rad to rad and throw the old wet valves in as you make your way round.

There's my input!
Still looking for the best idea myself after thirty odd years. Let me know if you find it.
much the same experience as me ive got a stanley double sided zip shut one for boiler stuff and a bucket for plumbing stuff

for hand toos i have some vetos and a volocity rogue. for power tools i have a few stanley and irwin, a makita and bosch.

main tools in a veto open tote, i like to be able to reach and grab a tool without looking so everything in its place.

I'd like to say in 26 years I've tried them all, plastic tool boxes, open bags, totes , cantilever style , organised cases and at the moment I'm using a plastic £1 pale haha , that's true , ,

Reply to What tool bag are people using in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock