Search the forum,

Discuss What to feed a radiator in? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes I know is a bit basic the header but have been milling this over for ages. Needs doing now as autumn approaching. I need to take a feed off a radiator in one room to feed another in an adjacent room. Problem is the doorway which I will have to cross. It is possible to cross under the threshold as there is space. My quandry is what to use 15mm copper or plastic or 10mm copper or plastic. I have all the pipes and fittings needed so just need to be told which to use. There will be some awkward bits going up and down the door frame slightly , right angles into and out of both rooms. I could run 15mm copper all around the door frame but not the best asthetically. I have a 10mm copper pipe bender which I have never used. Can 10mm copper be tugged around bends a bit like one can with plastic or will it kink easily. I am favouring 10mm plastic for the awkwards bits and 15mm copper for the mainly visible portions. Any suggestions? And finally can a plastic fitting with a spigot end be put straight into a radiator valve?

Last edited:
What’s the drop to the existing rad ?

Added a few of pics to hopefully explain it better. Pic one if feed from upstairs. I need to tap off both these pipes to feed the radiator shown in pic two. Is a vertical grey one hence not seen too well. Can see better in pic three.

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 11
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 11
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It’s in 15mm so I would use 15mm copper if if the route is a bit snakey 10mm copper

If pipework comes from above, can you not pick it up up there and run it above that ceiling and drop down in corner once you’re past the door?

It’s in 15mm so I would use 15mm copper if if the route is a bit snakey 10mm copper
I could do in 15mm to the door frame region then drop to 10mm for getting across the doorway and then once out the wall at the far side go back to 15mm, bit of a fuff but avoids 3/4m of 10mm pipe.

If pipework comes from above, can you not pick it up up there and run it above that ceiling and drop down in corner once you’re past the door?
That would be ideal if it were not that it is a listed building and no idea where the pipework is above just where it appears at low level.

It’s best to run in one size don’t flip flop so if you can only get in 10 mm use all 10mm

Reply to What to feed a radiator in? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock