Search the forum,

Discuss What to do with my Central Heating pipes in this scenario? *Help*! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. This is part of a narrow L-section of an upstairs bathroom in a house I'm renovating. The toilet sits here.

I forgot to take a pic whilst up there, so I've drawn a diagram.

Black = walls
Brown = joists
Blue = CH pipes (hopefully) - they're already notched in this location but unused.

I need to run some CH pipes for a radiator immediately below on the ground floor (has a concrete slab so must run under upstairs floorboards). I want the pipes buried in the walls. No trunking or boxing.

1) If I want to put the rad on wall 2 - I must chase out that wall right behind the joist, and it's almost flush with the wall. Possible?

2) I can def route to wall 1 and put the rad here. But, it'll cost 3x the amount for the 28mm wide designer rad to fit behind the front door.

3) Can def route to wall 3 below, but there's a switch and socket on that wall and it would face the front door and is in a narrow porch area.

Please advise!

Cheers,
David

bathroom_pipes.png

How close is the timber on wall 2 is it tight or is there a bit of room ?

It can be done just need to chase a bit more out behind the timber

Reply to What to do with my Central Heating pipes in this scenario? *Help*! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock