• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss What to do with a rodding point. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

BillM10

I started digging up my garden to lay some new patio slabs and found this (rodding point, I believe) covered with grass. The new slabs will be an inch or so above the level of the old ones. What are my options for dealing with this?
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

snowhead

Esteemed
Plumber
It seems to be in an odd location with respect to the house, the flow would appear to be towards or under the house, is that an extension?
Also have you had the cover off to see if it is connected, it may just be an abandoned piece of pipe?

I really needs to be accessible, but looks like a nice new cove would be appropriate with new slabs.
Is the new level still going to be below the level of the house damproof course?

Looking at the angle of the top cover it appears to have been pushed down into the ground.
If you excavate around the pipe you may be able to bring it up to the new level then cut the slabs or whatever around it.

BillM10

It seems to be in an odd location with respect to the house, the flow would appear to be towards or under the house, is that an extension?
Also have you had the cover off to see if it is connected, it may just be an abandoned piece of pipe?

I really needs to be accessible, but looks like a nice new cove would be appropriate with new slabs.
Is the new level still going to be below the level of the house damproof course?

Looking at the angle of the top cover it appears to have been pushed down into the ground.
If you excavate around the pipe you may be able to bring it up to the new level then cut the slabs or whatever around it.
It is an extension, replacing a conservatory which was there when we bought the house but yes, the pipe does dive under the house

Reply to What to do with a rodding point. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net